Procedures for Addressing Authorized and Unauthorized Absences
Students with excessive absences are identified and interventions may be initiated. Interventions and consequences have been established for authorized and unauthorized absences; please refer to the list below. School-related absences are not included on student transcripts and do not count towards accumulating absences that result in consequences.
- Teacher has a conversation with the student when the student returns to class.
- Students will be seen by Attendance Coordinators.
- Teacher makes phone call contact with the parent/guardian.
- Student will be seen by the Attendance Coordinator and a detention will be assigned.
- Communication with the parent/guardian
- Dean/counselor meeting
- Student may only attend field trips with Deans’ authorization
- A doctor’s note will be required for each subsequent absence.
- Future absences without a doctor’s note will be entered into IC as USD- Unauthorized School Determined class.
- Dean, AP, or Principal will hold meeting
- Attendance at extracurricular activities (i.e. dances, etc.) may be restricted.
- The student’s lunch/free periods will be restricted and assigned possible study halls.
- A referral will be sent to the Attendance and Truancy Division of Lake County