DHS and HPHS are not responsible for lost or stolen items. To avoid theft of property, students are urged to:
- Avoid sharing locker combinations with friends.
- Prevent others from watching them dial their locker combinations when they open lockers in the hall or gym areas.
- ALWAYS lock your valuables in your locker.
- Check classrooms, cafeterias, and other areas for your property before leaving.
- Label everything of value with some kind of permanent marking.
- Report all lost or stolen items to the Deans’ Office.
If a theft occurs, please report the missing items to the Deans' office. Students will be asked to fill out forms that describe in detail the items missing. This helps the school return items that are retrieved and helps identify patterns of theft in the buildings.