Welcome to Deerfield High School Health Services! If a parent/guardian needs to see the RN it is strongly suggested that an appointment is made. If medications are being dropped off a nurse needs to receive the medication.
- Regular days: 7:15 am to 3:15 pm
- Late start days: 9 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Students: If you become ill during the school day please follow the protocol in the DHS Student Handbook
- Come to Health Services Room B 102 to see your School Nurse who will assess you for illness or injury.
- Health Services will contact your parent/guardian if you must be sent home. You will be given a "Leave Campus" pass from Health Services to exit through Security at the Main entrance
- If you leave campus without following these procedures you will have an unexcused absence for classes missed and this will not be reversed.
- Please do not have your parent/guardian call Attendance about going home ill during the school day. They should contact Health Services directly at 224.632.3200.
If your student has a known health condition such as asthma, diabetes, or food allergies please provide Health Services with:
- Needed medication
- Permission to Administer Medication form: find a link on the "Important Documents" Health Service webpage
- Action Plan: find a link on the "Important Documents" Health Service webpage
- Supplies for the School Nurse to treat your student effectively during the school day
- DHS Health Services has a stock supply of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin), however, only students who have D113 Permission to Administer Medication form on file will be able to have these dispensed during the school day.
- Reminder: District 113 policy does not allow students to carry any medication, prescription or non-prescription, on campus during the school day; exceptions are epinephrine auto-injectors, asthma rescue inhalers, and diabetes medication.
Please feel free to contact us at 224-632-3200 if you have any questions.
Sharon Urban RN, BSN, PEL-CSN
Alison McTague M. Ed., BSN, RN, PEL-CSN
7:15-3:15 p.m. on regular school days