The Lake County Regional Office of Education issues work permits remotely, through the online website, and through an online video conference (in which the minor applying for a work permit certificate and either a parent or legal guardian MUST be present).
To submit Work Permit Application paperwork, please fill out this form.
Work Permit Application requirements include:
- Intention to employ signed by the prospective employer on employer letterhead
- Evidence of age (see Lake County Regional Office of Education work permit webpage for examples)
- Principal’s Statement To Issuing Officer Form (click to download)
- Please send the completed form in a PDF format to Bettie Liberles, email@example.com for the Principal's signature.
- School Physical (State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination) or Statement of physical fitness (Click to download Statement of physical fitness form)
- Work Permit Application Form (click to download)
Please be aware, Illinois law requires that both the child and the parent be present when applying for the work permit.
Please visit the Lake County Regional Office of Education work permit webpage at https://www.lake.k12.il.
us/work-permits-age-for additional details and instructions. If you have questions please contact Kelly Wipper at 847-665-0603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org certificates