The Lake County Regional Office of Education issues work permits remotely, through the online website, and through an online video conference (in which the minor applying for a work permit certificate and either a parent or legal guardian MUST be present).
Please visit the Lake County Regional Office of Education work permit webpage at https://www.lake.k12.il.us/work-permits-age-certificates for details and instructions.
Below are the Work Permit Application requirements as presented on the Lake County Regional Office of Education work permit webpage:
- Intention to employ signed by the prospective employer on employer letterhead
- Evidence of age (see Lake County Regional Office of Education work permit webpage for examples)
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Minor's Social Security Card
- Principal’s Statement To Issuing Officer Form (click to download)
- Please send the completed form in a PDF format to Bettie Liberles, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Principal's signature.
- School Physical (State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination) or Statement of physical fitness (Click to download Statement of physical fitness form)
- Work Permit Application Form (click to download)
Please be aware, Illinois law requires that both the child and the parent be present when applying for the work permit.
If you have questions about the work permit process, please contact Jennifer Ochsner, with the Lake County Regional Office of Education, at 847-543-7833 ext 239 or email email@example.com