For the most updated information, please go to the DHS Theatre Website.
The DHS program offers five major productions throughout the school year. Quarter one fall play, quarter two fall play, STUNTS (the variety show), the musical, spring play and/or musical theatre production make up our studio theatre and auditorium stage theatre season. Students may be involved in many aspects of productions.
- Quarter One Fall Play: a full-scale production presented in the studio theatre at the beginning of October
- Quarter Two Fall Play: a full-scale production presented in the studio theatre at the end of October
- Students may not perform in both fall productions. They can, however, do crew for both productions or perform in one show while being on crew for another.
- STUNTS: the student produced variety show. The shows are overseen by student board members. STUNTS invites students to audition their original acts. The show auditions in October and performs in November.
- Musical: the largest production of the year. It involves over 175 students as cast, crew and orchestra members. The musical auditions in November and performs in March.
- Spring Play: runs in repertory with the musical theatre class production and represents the final production of the year. The advanced theatre class, The Company, presents it. Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of ways.