The DHS program offers five major productions throughout the school year. Quarter one fall play, quarter two fall play, STUNTS (the variety show), the musical, spring play and/or musical theatre production make up our studio theatre and auditorium stage theatre season. Students may be involved in many aspects of productions.
- Quarter One Fall Play: is presented in our studio theatre at the end of October. It is a full scale production done in an intimate setting. Auditions for the show are in the spring of the prior yearas well as in the fall for freshmen and transfer students.
- Quarter Two Fall Play: a full-scale production presented in the studio theatre. Students may not perform in both fall productions. The show auditions in the spring of the prior year and at the beginning of the new school year for freshmen and transfer students. The production is performed in early November.
- STUNTS: is the student produced variety show. The showsare overseen by student board members. STUNTS invites students to audition their original acts. The show auditions in October and performs in December.
- Musical: is the largest scale production of the year. It involves over 175 students as cast, crew and orchestra members. The musical auditions in November and performs in March.
- Spring Play: runs in repertory with the musical theatre class production and represents the final production of the year. The advanced theatre class, The Company, presents it. Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of ways.
- Musical Theatre Production: runs in repertory with the spring play and represents the final production of the year. The cast is comprised of students from the Musical Theatre class. Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of ways.