Mandatory and Optional Fees
Required fees are listed below. Click this link to view course-specific fees, textbooks, and materials.
Township High School District 113 charges each student district fees and course fees, which is a portion of the cost of consumable instructional materials and supplies that the schools need. These may include workbooks, eBooks, duplicated papers for materials distributed in class (Course Packet or Lab), science materials, paint, etc. used and consumed in class. The fees charged by the School District are comparable with those charged by surrounding school districts.
Illinois statutes permit public school districts to charge students a fee for the rental of textbooks and fees for consumable materials and supplies that are used in the course of a student's education. Illinois courts have consistently upheld the legality of schools charging fees for textbook rental and supplies. In general, school districts may not charge tuition to students residing in the district who attend public schools.
Required Fees (Paid in Infinite Campus Portal under Fees.)
- Course Fees: Prices vary, the total price is based on student course selections. Examples are Course Packet or Lab, Fine and Applied Arts supplies.
- eBooks: Prices vary; total price based on student course selections.
- District 113 Materials Fee: $15.00 annually, miscellaneous material/equipment/service fee.
- Technology Fee: $40.00 annually, for all students, includes the purchase of a Chromebook and support.
Fees for Select Students
- Activity Ticket/Yearbook: $135.00. Includes yearbook, optional for all students. Advance purchase is necessary via the Campus Portal > School Store. Yearbooks are distributed in May (DHS) or August (HPHS) after all student obligations are met. Note: The yearbooks are not sold separately.
- Graduation Fee: $41.00. Assessed to Senior students only, but will apply to Juniors who decide to graduate early and march in the graduation ceremony. Covers the cost of graduation materials including Cap & Gown. Paid in Infinite Campus Portal > Fees.
- Parking: $360 per year. Visit the Dean's office for more information.
- Technology Repair: Varies, students who have their Chromebooks repaired or sent out for repair may be assessed a fee. Paid in Infinite Campus Portal > Fees.
- Testing: Varies, for example, AP Exams and optional tests taken outside of a student’s current grade. Paid in Infinite Campus Portal > Fees.
- Traffic Safety Lab Fee: $240.00. Students enrolled in Driver’s Education. Paid in Infinite Campus Portal > Fees. Please note that an additional fee ($20.00) for the Illinois Secretary of State Driver Education Permit will be collected in class.
- Bus Fee: $230 per semester. Students who reside 1.5 miles or more from their assigned school are eligible for transportation. This applies to the district’s General Education routes. Based on ridership, the Transportation Department may offer bus service to students who live more than 1.5 miles from their school.
Financial Assistance: As part of a caring community, District 113 is pleased to provide some support for families with financial need. Families that are interested in applying for the Free Books and Lunch Program should check page two of the Free and Reduced Lunch application on the DHS Financial Aid webpage or HPHS Financial Aid webpage to see if they qualify.
Also, students who might benefit from additional resources in the building should contact their counselor for more information about available supplemental resources.
Errors or a dropped course? If you feel your student has been assessed a fee in error or has dropped a course for which a fee has been generated, please contact the Bursar for assistance:
HPHS: Ms. Rossi JRossi@Dist113.org 224-765-2375
DHS: Mrs. Suszek ASuszek@Dist113.org 224-632-3391