Health Services Home
Health Services is currently until further notice.
Please email all forms and paperwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax and mail will not be received until the building opens again.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Welcome to Highland Park High School Health Services!
School Day Office Hours:
Giant Days and White Days: 7:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Blue Days: 9 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Students: If you become ill during school the school day, please follow the protocol in the HPHS Student Handbook pages 56-58.
- Come to Health Services Room A132 to see your School Nurse who will assess you for illness or injury.
- Health Services will contact your parent/guardian if you must be sent home and you will be given a Leave Campus pass from Health Services to exit through Security at the Main Entrance on Vine Avenue.
- If you leave campus without following these procedures, you will have an unexcused absence for classes missed and this will not be reversed.
- Please do not have your parent/guardian call Attendance about going home ill during the school day. They should contact Health Services directly 224.765.2200.
- If your student has a known health condition of asthma, diabetes, or food allergies please provide Health Services with:
- Needed medication
- Permission to Administer Medication form
- Action Plan(to to Link to print appropriate Plan)
- Supplies for the School Nurse to treat your student effectively during the school day
- HPHS Health Services has a stock supply of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin).However, only students who have on file the D113 Permission to Administer Medication form will be able to have these dispensed during the school day.
- Reminder: District 1113 policy does not allow students to carry any medication, prescription or non-presciption, on campus during the school day; exceptions are epinephrine auto-injectors, asthma rescue inhalers, and diabetes medication.
Health Services Staff
Suzy Spychala M.Ed.,BSN,RN, PEL-CSN
Susan Brady MS,MPH,RN,PEL-CSN