Students: If you become ill during school the school day, please follow the protocol in the HPHS Student Handbook pages 56-58.
- Come to Health Services Room A132 to see your School Nurse who will assess you for illness or injury.
- Health Services will contact your parent/guardian if you must be sent home and you will be given a Leave Campus pass from Health Services to exit through Security at the Main Entrance on Vine Avenue.
- If you leave campus without following these procedures, you will have an unexcused absence for classes missed and this will not be reversed.
- Please do not have your parent/guardian call Attendance about going home ill during the school day. They should contact Health Services directly 224.765.2200.
- If your student has a known health condition of asthma, diabetes, or food allergies please provide Health Services with:
- Needed medication
- Permission to Administer Medication form
- Action Plan(to to Link to print appropriate Plan)
- Supplies for the School Nurse to treat your student effectively during the school day
- HPHS Health Services has a stock supply of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin).However, only students who have on file the D113 Permission to Administer Medication form will be able to have these dispensed during the school day.
- Reminder: District 1113 policy does not allow students to carry any medication, prescription or non-presciption, on campus during the school day; exceptions are epinephrine auto-injectors, asthma rescue inhalers, and diabetes medication.