Welcome to Highland Park High School!
New Transfer Students
Step 1: Fill out the Online Registration Application
Step 2: Once you have completed the online registration, you will be contacted via email with any additional information that is required to register your student(s).
Step 3: Registration meeting
Once the online registration has been done and all other documents have been received, the Assistant Principal will sign off on the registration and entered into the school database. Registration will then be passed on to the Counseling Office where Mrs. Gomez will contact you to set up an appointment with the counselor as well as placement testing that needs to be done. Both the student and parent/guardian must be present at the registration meeting. The registration meeting will last approximately 1 1/2 hours. The Program of Studies (link below) outlines graduation requirements and provides course descriptions.
Program of Studies: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?present=true&id=1559293
An example of some documents that may be required are:
Necessary documents to prove residency:
- Current tax bill or tax assessment letter/lease or Appendix C if lease cannot be provided (mortgage or bank statements are not accepted)
- Current utility bill (no cell phone or cable bills accepted)
- Current picture ID of parent
- Appendix A (R4) (English/Spanish)
Other required documentation to complete registration:
- Birth certificate
- Student transfer form ISBE 33-78 (Illinois residents only) if the student is enrolling from another public school in Illinois
- School transcripts and current grades
- A copy of the IEP or 504 plan if your child received special education services at his/her former school (if applicable)
(Optional) Sign up for Athletics
Click on the link below if you would like to particapte in athletics . Please note you will need your student's ID number and a current physical will need to be uploaded to complete the Online Athletic registration process.