IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM COLLEGE BOARD REGARDING AP EXAMS AND COVID 19
Dear students and families,
Please note that the College Board has provided an update regarding AP testing for the 2019-2020 school year. Take a moment to review this link carefully as traditional testing will be replaced with two dates of at home testing. As the College Board provides schools with more information, we will be certain to send updates.
Estimados estudiantes y familias,
Favor de notar que el College Board ha comunicado información importante para los exámenes AP para el año escolar 2019-2020. Tome un momento para repasar este enlace con cuidado como los exámenes tradicionales serán reemplazados con dos opciones de fechas para tomar el examen en casa y que el contenido de los cursos ha sido ajustado. En cuanto nos dé más información el College Board, se la comunicaremos.
AP Exam information for the 2019/2020 school year:
- There is a $40 late and/or cancellation fee charged by College Board. This fee will apply to all changes to test orders occuring after the deadline of November 14, 2019.
- Fees will be placed directly on your students’ IC portal account during the week of November 18, 2019, with a payment deadline of March 1, 2020.
- Click here to request additional financial assistance for AP exams.
- Click here to cancel an existing order of an AP exam.
- Click here to order a late AP exam (one that was not ordered by the November 14th deadline). This is the only way that students can register if the test order is considered late. They will not have the ability to order via their College Board account. The two exceptions to the November 14 deadline are AP Macroeconomics and AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism. The deadline to register for these exams will be March 1, 2020.
- The final deadline to register for any AP exam is March 1, 2020. No student will be able to register to take an AP exam after March 1, 2020.
- To take an AP Exam with accommodations, a student must be approved for the accommodations by the College Board's Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Requests for accommodations must be submitted to SSD by January 17, 2020.
Please see the links below for information on how to complete the process. Once College Board makes a decision on which accommodations are approved, you will receive notification from them.
If you have any questions, please contact your student’s counselor or case manager directly. They will be able to answer questions about your individual student’s needs most appropriately.
COST AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- The pricing structure will remain the same for tests ordered on time (deadline of November 14, 2019).
The standard cost is $94 per exam if ordered by November 14, 2019. The cost to our families participating in the Free Book/Reduced Lunch Program will remain at $35 per exam. All of these fees will now be paid directly through the IC Parent Portal.
Department Chair of World Languages
Department Chair of Science