About District 113
Township High School District 113 serves a community of 60,000 residents and educates approximately 3,300 students. The district’s two nationally ranked high schools, Deerfield High School and Highland Park High School, focus on cultivating passion, unlocking potential and inspiring excellence among its students and staff.
Township High School District 113 has an unwavering commitment to providing all students opportunities to realize their unique potential through a rigorous and engaging curriculum, meaningful relationships, varied experiences, a positive school culture, and the cultivation of individual passion and resilience.
We aim to provide each student with the opportunities and support needed to reach their unique potential.
As an organization, the goal of District 113 is to continually improve, year-over-year, in the following areas:
- Student Academic Performance: To achieve measurable growth for each student at every level of academic ability;
- Student Social-Emotional Well-Being: To achieve measurable growth for each student in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to thrive in their pursuits during and after high school, including self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationships, and responsible decision-making.
- Student Equity: To build and maintain an environment that ensures each student has the resources, support, and activities needed to achieve their academic and non-academic goals;
- Human Resources: To attract, support and retain excellence in District leadership and staff;
- Culture/Climate: To build and maintain an environment for students and staff across the District that is collaborative, supportive, respectful, inspiring, and motivating;
- Communication: To model and instill transparent, respectful, and collaborative communication among and between all our District stakeholders; and
- Fiscal Responsibility: To manage district resources toward optimal benefit, sustainability, and fiscal efficiency.