On March 26, the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) updated its Spring 2021 Frequently Asked Questions for SAT with Essay, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9. One of the takeaways from this document is that the PSAT will not be offered this April for students enrolled in grades 8, 9 and 10.
Below is additional information about testing in District 113.
- The SAT will be administered to students enrolled in grade 11 on April 13. Public Act 101-643 makes all current grade 12 students eligible for graduation regardless of whether they took the SAT.
- The Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) test will be administered in the fall of 2021. Students will take the test that matches their grade level in the spring of 2021 (i.e., students enrolled in grade 11 during the spring of 2021 will take the ISA test in the fall of 2021).
- Advanced Placement (AP) testing will begin on May 3 with many tests offering both in-person and digital options. However, please know that some tests may have in-person requirements.
- ACCESS for English Language Learners and Dynamic Learning Maps for select Special Education students will continue as scheduled.
- Final exams will not follow a dedicated schedule this year. Departments will coordinate and communicate specific details in the upcoming weeks.