Welcome to Highland Park High School!
Please follow these steps to follow to register your child at HPHS.
Step 1: Proof of residency within district boundaries
A registration packet can be picked up at the security desk at H and Main entrances or printed via the links below:
Once completed, the packets, along with proof of residency and additional required documents, can be dropped off in the Assistant Principals' Office (A233) between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., OR completed and e-mailed to Norma Aguilar, firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or Eleanor Singleton, email@example.com.
Please call a registration contact listed at right if you have questions or need additional information.
Necessary documents to prove residency:
- Current tax bill/lease
- Current utility bill (no cell phone or cable bills accepted)
- Current picture ID of parent
- Appendix A (R4) (English/Spanish)
Additional registration forms:
- Appendix C
- Census form/data (R3) (English/Spanish)
- Home Language Survey (R5) (English/Spanish)
- FERPA form (R6) (English/Spanish)
- Personal data form (R7) (English/Spanish)
- First generation data form (R8) (English/Spanish)
- Financial aid application (R9) (English/Spanish)
- Athletic/activity forms (R10) (English/Spanish)
- Medial forms (R11-R16) (English/Spanish)
Other required documentation to complete registration:
- Birth certificate
- Student transfer form ISBE 33-78 (Illinois residents only) if the student is enrolling from another public school in Illinois
- School transcripts and current grades
- A copy of the IEP or 504 plan if your child received special education services at his/her former school (if applicable)
Step 2: Registration meeting
Once the registration residency is verified, a registration appointment will be set up in the Counseling Office (A221). Both the student and parent/guardian must be present at the registration meeting. The registration meeting will last approximately 1 1/2 hours. In addition to the registration meeting, placement testing will also be scheduled. The Program of Studies (link below) outlines graduation requirements and provides course descriptions.
Program of Studies: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?present=true&id=1559293
Please call one of the registration contacts listed at right if you have questions or need additional information.