Quality student care is a top priority in the Health Service office. Each interaction with the student provides a teaching opportunity as we strive to promote health and wellness.
Students: If you become ill during the school day, please follow the protocol in the DHS Student Handbook
- Come to Health Services Room to see your School Nurse who will assess you for illness or injury.
- Health Services will contact your parent/guardian if you must be sent home. You will be given a "Leave Campus" pass from Health Services to exit through Security at the Main entrance
- If you leave campus without following these procedures, you will have an unexcused absence for classes missed and this will not be reversed.
- Please do not have your parent/guardian call Attendance about going home ill during the school day. They should contact Health Services directly 224.632.3200
Health & Wellness to All!
- If your student has a known health condition of asthma, diabetes, or food allergies please provide Health Services with:
- Needed medication
- Permission to Administer Medication form": find a link on the "Important Documents" Health Service web page
- Action Plan: find a link on the "Important Documents" Health Service web page
- Supplies for the School Nurse to treat your student effectively during the school day
- DHS Health Services has a stock supply of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin), however, only students who have D113 Permission to Administer Medication form on file will be able to have these dispensed during the school day.
- Reminder: District 113 policy does not allow students to carry any medication, prescription or non-prescription, on campus during the school day; exceptions are epinephrine auto-injectors, asthma rescue inhalers, and diabetes medication.